These are my views on what is going on in the world

Feel free to join the conversation

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Taxes are what started the revolutionary war!

My Opinion

Taxes taxes taxes. I don’t want to be taxed just because I exist. I don’t want to be taxed if I get married. And I don’t want my children to be taxed when I die.

Because I still receive some help from my parents where money is concerned I have not yet had to deal with taxes very much. However, I recently discovered a list; this list names, probably not all, but many of the taxes my parents pay and what I will soon be paying as far as taxes are concerned.

This is the list of taxes we have:

Sales Tax, Hotel Tax, School Tax, Luxury Tax, Property, Tax, Medicare Tax, Inventory Tax, Car Rental Tax, Real Estate Tax, Well Permit Tax, Fuel, Permit Tax, Inheritance Tax, Road Usage Tax, CDL license Tax, Dog License Tax, State Income Tax, Food, License Tax, Vehicle Sales Tax, Gross Receipts Tax, Social Security Tax, Service Charge Tax, Fishing, License Tax, Federal Income Tax, Building Permit Tax, IRS Interest Charges, Hunting License Tax, Marriage License Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Personal Property Tax, Accounts Receivable Tax, Recreational Vehicle Tax, Workers Compensation Tax, Watercraft Registration Tax, Telephone Usage Charge Tax, Telephone Federal Excise Tax, Telephone State and Local Tax, IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax), State Unemployment Tax (SUTA), Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA), Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax, Telephone Federal Universal Service FeeTax, Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon), Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax, Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax.

List from www.dailypaul.com

Many of these taxes did not exist 60 years ago, what does that tell you? It tells me that we are repeating the mistakes of and not learning from our own history...

On March 22, 1765 Britain passed the Stamp Act, this imposed a tax on newspapers, cards and more. According to www.nps.gov Americans campaigned to have the act repealed and it gave them confidence that they could avoid future taxes as well.

Then in October the British came to Boston to enforce the Townshend duties which were taxes on more everyday things like tea, paper, paint, etc. This led to street fights and to the Boston Massacre.

When the people of America were being unfairly taxed they stood up and fought against injustice. They fought against what they knew to be wrong.

We may not be to the point where we need to fight against taxes, but I think we are slowly slipping into something that could be avoided if we only looked at our history.

We are being taxed for existing, for marrying, and for dying. I for one would like to die without feeling like I am causing stress for my prosperity because they have to pay my inheritance tax.

Wrongful taxing was what prompted the Revolutionary war so I don’t see why we are going backwards and repeating history.


Opinion 2

I'm not sure how we got here but I'm starting to see that the U.S. Government seems to think they are the "house" like the gambling institutions of Las Vegas. They seem to believe they have a right to take a cut of any and every transaction that occurs inside the border.

If I work really hard and earn 100 million dollars, on which I pay income tax, and then decide to gift someone with a million of my dollars... Why does Uncle Sam seem to think he is entitled to a slice of my gift?

Isn't it my money? Don't I have a right to do with it as I see fit? To give 100% to whom I want? Why must I pay "taxes" on a gift that I have already paid taxes on? Isn't it then mine to give?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/68820

No comments:

Post a Comment