These are my views on what is going on in the world

Feel free to join the conversation

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Delusional and Dangerous

My Opinion

According to the New York Times, Muammar el-Qaddafi gave the United Nations plenty of reason and push to vote on authorizing military action in Libya when he said:

“We will come house by house, room by room. It’s over. The issue has been decided,” he said, offering amnesty to those who laid down their arms. To those who continued to resist, he vowed: “We will find you in your closets. We will have no mercy and no pity.”

According to Dan Bilefsky and Mark Landler from the New York Times, Qaddafi said the above when he was speaking on a radio call-in show. He was talking about his forces beginning an assault on Benghazi that very night.

Qaddafi as I have said before is delusional, but after hearing that quote I feel very safe in my saying he is both delusional and dangerous.

I am glad that the United Nations voted the way they did, I think it will help the people in Libya by keeping them a little more safe.

I have been hearing a lot of people say they think we should be helping more in Libya and that the President is being to undecided about everything.

I do think that we need to help the people in Libya and I think that the President should be more decided on whether or not America is going in to help.

According to the New York Times the President gave the ok for America to go in with Europeans and Arabs in military strikes on Libya, however, a senior White House official remembered the President saying, "The American involvement in military action in Libya should be limited — no ground troops — and finite. 'Days, not weeks.'"

If we are going to help then we need to help all the way. We can't offer our hand to Libya if we are going to just let go when they are almost standing.

To read more about the United Nations decision visit, www.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/world/africa/18nations.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should specify why you think he is delusional.
    Also, you should cite the quote that you used :].

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was a picture of Gene Simmons at first.
    Just jokes, but really- good post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting that quote. It clearly shows how far things are in Lybia. I enjoy reading the New York Time, but would like to know more about what -you- think about the situation after Qaddafi's announcement. You'll also gain credibility if you spell the dictators name right. I absolutely LOVE the post headline!

    ReplyDelete